Status: 1099 (Contractor)
Start Date: Immediate
Background: Vectrona is seeking a talented 3d Scanner/3D Modeler to create high-quality virtual assets for extended reality (XR) warfighter training solutions. You will work as an integral member of a talented team of artists, engineers, and programmers. The ideal candidate will be resourceful and pragmatic with a demonstrated ability to learn continuously, work independently, and exercise good judgement in decision making.
- Create and manage digital assets
- Follow design guidelines, asset naming conventions and other technical constraints
- Prototype and iterate on models based on feedback from team members
- Create textures and UV maps
- Optimize, refine, and correct model geometry
- Keep abreast with the latest developments in 3D design, capture and modeling tools and technologies
- Use best practices for security, data protection, and maintainability
- Other related duties as assigned
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Expert level knowledge of 3D design and animation tools such as 3DS Max, Maya, Blender, etc.
- Experience with Creo Illustrate or other CAD software
- Experience developing model assets using 3D scanning tools such as laser and LIDAR
- Technical diploma in 3D modeling or a degree in fine arts; Bachelor’s
- 3D Scanning Experience:
- 3D scanning of highly metallic, large scale, objects is required
- 3D scanning to Optimized .obj/fbx model pipeline required
- A portfolio of scanned work is required
- 3D Modeling Experience:
- 2-4 years of experience with implementing optimized 3D assets into XR, Mobile engines.
- Hard surface and industrial modeling/CAD modeling portfolio work required.
VECTRONA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
All Vectrona employment is contingent upon the individual providing legal proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States and satisfactory background check results.
Employment with Vectrona is “at will” in accordance with Federal/State laws.
Vectrona provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applications for employment. In addition to federal law requirements, Vectrona complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org