Status: Consultant (Independent Contractor)
Location: Various locations in continental US plus Hawaii; with a preference for those living in San Diego, CA or Virginia Beach, VA
Travel: As needed
Anticipated Start date: January 2024
Security Clearance: Active Secret Clearance, Top Secret/SCI eligible is preferred
Background: Vectrona requires a Cybersecurity Instructor to provide capable subject matter expertise in personal electronics security training to enable global reach, personal security, and operational security across the full spectrum of Joint operations. This is a consulting position (1099) supporting periodic pre-deployment training requirements. We anticipate 12-14 course convenings per year. Each course is 4 or 5 days in length to accommodate scheduling weeks with federal holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist in delivery and maintenance of instruction on the following:
- Securing hardware
- Secure browsing and social media use
- Securing device operating systems and data
- Securing personal networks
- Communicating securely with mobile devices
- Understanding personal security vulnerabilities
- Strong understanding and mastery of computer security to include use of personal encryption, VPNs and discrete use of social media
- Experience supporting sensitive DoD operations is preferred
- Experience in the Intelligence Community (IC) or DoD SOF is preferred
- Experience in delivery of classroom and/or virtual training
- Familiarity with Microsoft Teams is desired
Education/Degree (minimum): High School Diploma or equivalent
VECTRONA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
All Vectrona employment is contingent upon the individual providing legal proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States and satisfactory background check results.
Employment with Vectrona is “at will” in accordance with Federal/State laws.
Vectrona provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applications for employment. In addition to federal law requirements, Vectrona complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org