Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Hybrid, Remote, On-Site (Virginia Beach, VA)
Start date: Immediate Hire
Travel: 10-20% CONUS travel may be required
Background: Vectrona is looking for a motivated and qualified IoT Data Developer to help enable augmented and mixed-reality (AR/MR) data visualization solutions for DoD and commercial applications. A successful candidate will become part of a rapidly growing team of technology and operations professionals with efforts expanding across government and commercial spaces, learning valuable skills along the way.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the development team, solution architects and end user customers to develop new solutions, diagnose reported software issues, and support tasks related to installation, configuration, development environment, operation, and general IoT platform best practices
- Researching, creating, testing, and documenting IoT solutions
- Designing, coding, and testing features of IoT devices
- Providing solutions to issues related to the connection of networks and platforms
- Analyzing user needs and developing needed UI/UX data visualization tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, networking, engineering, telecommunications or equivalent (minimum two years college)
- 2-5 years’ experience in IoT/application development and cloud networking including hands on experience using the ThingWorx platform
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- The ability to understand technical configurations and customizations leveraging ThingWorx
- Strong Programming skills, C, C++, Java, App Development, or edge connectivity experience
- Experience working with hardware sensors, devices, machines, or industrial PLC’s and their respective network communication protocols
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to take on new challenges and work without immediate supervision
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Experience with Creo Illustrate and Vuforia Studio highly desired
- Able to work as part of a cross-functional team
Security Clearance: Clearance not required but candidates must be eligible for a Secret security clearance. Failure to obtain and/or maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a position offer or removal. If you possess a security clearance, please indicate the level and termination date in your resume.
VECTRONA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
All Vectrona employment is contingent upon the individual providing legal proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States and satisfactory background check results.
Employment with Vectrona is “at will” in accordance with Federal/State laws.
Vectrona provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applications for employment. In addition to federal law requirements, Vectrona complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com