Job Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Start Date: September 2023
Security Clearance: Active Government Secret Clearance
Background: Vectrona requires two Engineering Curriculum Developers (one in Virginia Beach and one in San Deigo) to develop curriculum using Navy Education Training Command (NETC) standards or civilian industry standard equivalent, to support one (1) five (5)-week basic/advanced MESF PB Engineering course of instruction targeting craft engineers and support personnel. The course will consist of one (1)-week of fundamentals and four (4) weeks of MESF PB advanced engineering instruction.
- Conduct Job Duty Task Analysis (JDTA) or civilian industry standard equivalent.
- Develop clearly defined skill/knowledge-based learning objectives.
- Develop Instructor Lesson Training Guides.
- Provide course pilot material, to include PowerPoint, lesson topic guides and instructor guides, to MESG-2 Learning Standards Officer for approval prior to implementation.
- Develop student-training guides.
- Facilitate annual formal course review process with TEUs.
- Review Lessons Learned and class feedback reports with TEU personnel.
- Provide course pilot teach back/demonstration to MESG-2 Learning Standards Officer prior to implementation.
- Travel up to 30%. Travel to CONUS locations outside of the primary places of performance may be required to include Mayport, FL, Groton, CT and Tacoma, WA.
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Navy Master Training Specialist or equivalent (Completion of a civilian (or commercial) formal course of instruction, which has been evaluated and certified as a JIT/NITC equivalency by the Center for Professional Development (CPPD).
- Possess a minimum of five (5) years’ experience Troubleshooting and Repair of Cummins QSB4.5, QSB5.9, QSB6.7 diesel engines, Hamilton Waterjet HJ292 and HM651; Twin Disc Marine Gear Transmission MG5075SC.
- Advanced small boat engineer or MESF engineering platform experience, Special Warfare Combat Crewman Engineers, or prior operational MESF Boat Engineer experience.
- One (1) year of instructional experience (as evidenced by DD-214, course certificates, etc.). (preferred)
- Navy second-class swimmer or civilian industry standard equivalent. (preferred)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent analytical, planning and coordination skills
- Able to prioritize work, and shift priorities as needed to meet aggressive deadlines
VECTRONA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
All Vectrona employment is contingent upon the individual providing legal proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States and satisfactory background check results.
Employment with Vectrona is “at will” in accordance with Federal/State laws.
Vectrona provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applications for employment. In addition to federal law requirements, Vectrona complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org