Job Location: Arlington, VA
Start Date: Immediate
Government Clearance: Active Secret Clearance
Background: Vectrona requires an experienced Policy Analyst to support the National Guard Bureau’s Joint Staff J5 Policy Branch.
- Review Office of the Secretary of Defense, Joint Chiefs of Staff, Service, and National Guard Bureau policy issuances and policy memoranda. Conduct policy analysis, identify National Guard equities, establish appropriate use(s) of authorities, define acceptable applicability, and recommend draft changes, additions, and ways forward;
- Conduct research and analysis to support and prepare senior leader efforts to advance National Guard objectives;
- Conduct research and develop products to support National Guard Bureau policy initiatives;
- Attend meetings and workshops concerning the National Guard and National Guard Bureau;
- Travel less than 5%. If required, travel would be in the 54 states and territories: 50 states, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Puerto Rico, and / or District of Columbia.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree in a relevant National Security, Government Policy, or International Affairs discipline preferred;
- Senior Service College graduate preferred.
- Three years of successful experience in: (1) researching and developing analysis of, or inputs to, joint matters through info papers, reports, briefings, comment resolution matrices; (2) supporting and briefing senior military and civilian officials (required);
- Ability to use the Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (required); ability to use Microsoft PowerAps, Lists, and PowerBI (preferred);
- Active Secret clearance (required)
- Three years of successful experience in the J5 of the Joint Staff, National Guard Bureau, or a combatant command (preferred);
- Familiarity with:
- Roles and missions of the National Guard in the homeland and in support of overseas operations, including duty statuses (State Active Duty; Title 32; Title 10) (preferred);
- Core policy documents pertinent to the National Guard, e.g. Department of Defense Directive 5105.77 “National Guard Bureau” (preferred);
- Experience with or in the National Guard (preferred).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communications across all levels of stakeholders
- Must have excellent analytical, planning and coordination skills
- Able to prioritize work, and shift priorities as needed, to meet aggressive deadlines
VECTRONA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
All Vectrona employment is contingent upon the individual providing legal proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States and satisfactory background check results.
Employment with Vectrona is “at will” in accordance with Federal/State laws.
Vectrona provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applications for employment. In addition to federal law requirements, Vectrona complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com